HOME · SITEMAP · CONTACT US · TRANSLATE
Together, We the Yoemen stand!
**NOW HIRING** see details below!
Transferring to Yoe Nation? See link below for Cameron I.S.D Transfer Application!
- To remember the importance J.L. Callaway (10/20/14 to 9/23/02) and Bonnelle Callaway (9/27/12 to
4/13/03) placed on the Cameron Community.
- To create better people, a better school and a better community.
- To provide C.H. Yoe High School graduates opportunities to realize their potential through continuing education.
- Must have attended C.H. Yoe High School for at least 2 years.
- Must be graduating in the Spring of the current year.
- Must provide a brief written statement as to how any funds received will be utilized to enhance their future, with their application.
- Must meet at least a 90% attendance standard as established by CISD policy.
- Must have no serious disciplinary referrals. Examples include violence, vandalism, and possession of
- Must be a good citizen. Convictions of crimes deemed serious by the Foundation will result in your
exclusion from scholarship consideration. You cannot apply for this scholarship if you have felony or
misdemeanor charges. If charges are pending but you have pleaded guilty, you cannot apply for this
scholarship. If you have been charged but have not admitted guilt, you can apply for this scholarship.
However, the Foundation will withhold scholarship funds until court proceedings are final and you
have been cleared of all charges.
- Must provide documentation of 20 hours of community service completed in Cameron during the 12 months prior to your graduation.
- Valedictorian (student achieving highest cumulative GPA) up to $15,000 per year for up to four years
(1), (2), (3), (8)
- Salutatorian (student achieving 2nd highest cumulative GPA) up to $15,000 per year for up to four
years (1), (2), (3),(8)
- Vocational Scholarship: (student with the highest GPA that wants to attend a vocational school, not a 4-year University). 1- scholarship up to $10,000 per year for two years. This covers room and board,
tuition, fees, books and tools. Students must attend an accredited vocational school like TSTC with
the goal of earning a vocational degree and license in a field with high job demand. The Yoe High
School counselor must approve the field of study. Approved fields include medical professions (.e.g.,
nurse and dental hygienist) , trades (e.g., plumber, electrician) or technology (e.g., computer
programmer) (1), (2), (4), (7), (8), (9),(10)
- 1st quarter of graduating class $2,000 (one year)
- 2nd quarter of graduating class $1,500 (one year)
- 3rd quarter of graduating class $1,250 (one year)
- 4th quarter of graduating class $750 (one year) 1
1 Beginning with the class of 2022 the 4th quarter of the class can only use scholarships towards accredited trade school and certification programs such as firemen school, beauty school or truck driving school.
- Baylor University, Waco, TX: One 4 year scholarship for full tuition for the Fall and Spring semesters.
Student must major in business. Next award: May 2019. (1), (2), (4), (6), (8), (9). (10) - Baylor University, Waco, TX: One 4 year partial tuition ($30,000/year) scholarship for the Fall and Spring semesters. Student must major in business. Next award: May 2019. (1), (2), (4), (6), (8), (11) - Texas A&M University, College Station, TX: One 4 year scholarship for tuition, fees, room, board, and books. Next anticipated award: May 2020. (1), (2), (6), (8), (9), (10) - St. Edwards University, Austin, TX: One 4 year scholarship for tuition, fees, room, board, and books. Next anticipated award: May 2021. (1), (2), (4)
- Texas State University, San Marcos, TX: One 4 year scholarships for tuition, fees, room, board, and
books. Next Anticipated award: May 2022. (1), (2), (4), (6), (8), (9), (10)
- Texas State University, San Marcos, TX: One 4 year partial scholarship (approximately $7,500/year).
Student must major in business. Next award: May 2022. (1), (2), (4),
- The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Belton, TX: One 4 year partial scholarship (approximately $4,000/year). Next award: May 2022 (1), (2), (4), (6), (8), (9), (10), (12)
- Temple College, Temple, TX: 5-$1,500 scholarships awarded annually (10)
Additional funds may be received for the following achievements:
- Perfect Attendance: Beginning with the 2014-2015 school year students can earn ($500/year). Prior
to the 2014-2015 school year students earn ($200/year) for achieving perfect attendance at Yoe High
School as determined by CISD policy.
- Attendance Lottery: Beginning with the 2014-2015 school year we will award 1-$10,000 scholarship
to winners of the attendance lottery. Students begin accruing tickets August 2014. Students can
accrue 3 tickets for each year of perfect attendance, 1 ticket for each year of faithful attendance.
Faithful attendance is 3 or fewer absences
- UIL Academic Excellence: Beginning with the 2014-2015 school year, UIL winners in individual
competitions like spelling can receive up to $2000 in additional scholarship money. Students can earn scholarships by placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd at the district, regional and state levels. District awards:
$100/event where the student places in the top 3. Regional awards: $500/event the student places in
the top 3. State awards: $1000/event the student places in the top 3 . This does not include sports
UIL competition (football, track, etc.) or group events like One-Act Play.
- A maximum of $900 ($225 per year) based on $25 per activity up to nine (9) activities.
Extracurricular activities will include athletics, band, choir, FFA, FHA, UIL Academics, Student
Council and other school sponsored organizations.
1. Cannot be combined with any other Callaway Foundation awards or grants.
2. Recipients are required to apply for other financial aid (e.g., grants, scholarships, etc.) as a
condition of receiving any funds from these categories. Loans that require repayment will not
be considered in other financial aid. Funds received from these categories will be reduced by
other financial aid received. Failure to provide accurate financial aid data could result in the
funds being forfeited.
3. Valedictorian and salutatorian have their choice of cash awards or any available endowed
4. To be eligible you must have been accepted to this University at the end of the 5th six weeks of
classes your senior year. If the award is to a business school, the student needs to be accepted
to the business school if this university requires this.
5. Student must be in the top 10% of the graduating class and major in business. at . Yoe High
School’s counselor’s office can nominate 3 students in the top 10% of Yoe High School’s
graduating class to receive this scholarship. Texas State’s McCoy Business School’s Dean’s
office will chose the recipient.
6. These scholarships are awarded approximately once every four years based on the endowed
7. Grade point averages are calculated as of the 5th six weeks of the senior year.
8. Subject to ongoing performance standards.
9. Covers Fall and Spring semester only.
10. Awarded to students with the highest GPA that have been accepted to this school.
11. This scholarship is partially funded by an endowment created by Kevin and Hope Koch
12. These scholarships are based on endowment agreements that Kevin and Hope Koch created
with the stated schools. These are anticipated award amounts based on the endowment’s
earnings. There is a chance that the University will decide to reduce the scholarship award
amount if the endowment earnings are low. The Callaway Foundation is not able to make up
any differences between anticipated funding and actual funding
Copyright © 2016 - Cameron Independent School District